People who have passed on during 2013 whose life or works have influenced me:
- Joan Child (1921-2013), Australian politician, Speaker of the House of Representatives, Commonwealth of Australia
- Molly Clutton-Brock (1912-2013), British/Zimbabwean community organizer and anti-racism campaigner
- Peter Geach (1916-2013), British philosopher and logician
- Norman Geras (1943-2013), Zimbabwean/British political philosopher and blogger
- Natalia Gorbanevskaya (1936-2013), Russian/Polish poet and political activist
- Michael Heath (1956-2013), American USNavy SEAL and businessman
- Fr Stan Hosie (1922-2013), Australian/American priest, teacher, swimming coach, life member of the Far North Coast Amateur Swimming Association, and co-founder of the third-world development charity Counterpart International
- Doris Lessing (1919-2013), Zimbabwean/British writer and political activist
- John Makumbe (1949-2013), Zimbabwean political scientist and democracy activist
- Nelson Mandela (1918-2013), South African freedom fighter and political leader
- Teresa Toranska (1944-2013), Polish journalist and writer.
Last year’s post is here.