Being a colleague of Robert Mugabe greatly increases your chances of an early death, especially in a car accident. Here’s a list of people who met unexpected ends while working with Bob (showing the year of their death). No doubt the car accidents are due to chance.
- Herbert Chitepo (1975), ZANU leader, killed by car bomb in exile in Lusaka.
- Josiah Tongogara (1979), ZANLA leader, died in a car accident in Mozambique during return from exile.
- Charles Tazvishaya (aka Lovemore Mawisa) (1986), personal private secretary to Prime Minister Mugabe, survived a gunshot wound to the head inflicted in the bedroom of his house and then died in Parirenyatwa Hospital, Harare, a fortnight later, after his medical drip was detached from the source medication.
- Maurice Nyagumbo (1989), Minister for Mines, died from ingesting pesticide.
- Border Gezi (2001), Minister for Gender, Youth and Employment, died in a car accident.
- Moven Mahachi (2001), Minister of Defence, died in a car accident.
- Elliot Manyika (2008), Minister Without Portfolio and National Political Commissar for ZANU-PF, died in a car accident.
- Susan Tsvangirai (2009), wife of Morgan Tsvangirai, the new Prime Minister in the Government of National Unity, died in a car accident.
- General Solomon Mujuru (aka Rex Nhongo) (August 2011), former Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Armed Forces and husband of Vice President Joice Mujuru, died in a house fire which destroyed his farmhouse near Beatrice.
0 Responses to “Bob's your uncle”