Vukutu provides professional consultancy services in strategic business planning, market and program planning, project management and simulation modeling.
Our consultancy expertise has been gained in assisting clients in complex decision-making, including the selection of technologies, the design and rollout of new products, the design of distribution and supply networks, and the development of strategic program plans. We normally work with our clients on assignments of 1-4 months duration, to undertake information collection, data analysis and modeling, development of strategic program plans, and consensus-building among key stakeholders. Typically, our work provides analytical support for a mission-critical business decision or the choice of a strategic direction, and/or involves the development of detailed implementation plans for new business programs or initiatives. Often, we then assist clients to manage these implementation plans, and we have successful project management experience in high-tech environments in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australasia.
Our modelling expertise is centred on sophisticated agent-based (or individual-based) computer models of complex marketplaces, supply chains and business environments. These are models in which the attitudes, behaviours, actions and interactions of individual market players (customers, distributors, competitors, regulators, etc) are modeled explicitly and are simulated under different realistic conditions. These models enable a fine-grained analysis of alternative marketplace and competitive trajectories, and permit a detailed exploration of possible decision pathways, strategies and tactics. Our implementation of these models uses emerging research in Computer Science, specifically drawing on the theory and practice of multi-agent systems and Grid computing.
Specifically, our services include:
- Strategic consultancy assignments, to support complex business and marketing decisions
- Strategic market analysis and planning, including Scenario Planning and Delphi studies
- Business case development and preparation of Investment Memoranda
- Strategic program planning and implementation planning
- Project and program management for new ventures, especially for high-tech products and services
- Custom multi-agent simulation models of marketplaces, distribution networks and supply chains
- Market Forecasting and sensitivity analysis
- Market segmentation analysis and development
- Market entry strategies
- Product positioning and life-cycle planning
- New product feature analysis and design
- Distribution channel analysis, design and planning
- Supply chain analysis, design and planning
- Conjoint model design and analysis
- Data mining and analysis
- Uncertainty modeling and anlysis
- Advice on marketing research and data analysis activities.
Our industry expertise has been gained in both B2C and B2B contexts:
- High technology products and services (eg, software, mobile, satellite and fixed telecommunications)
- Consumer and business services (eg, mobile communications, online insurance)
- Consumer durables (eg, whitegoods)
- fmcg (eg, coffee, breakfast cereals)
We are also currently developing a generic multi-agent market simulation modelling platform, which will be able to be customized quickly for specific marketplaces. We will provide more details of this platform in due course.